Anyone who has bought or sold a property recognizes the long, complicated and confusing process to close their transaction.
We are reimagining the entire Real Estate closing experience from the ground up, delivering a transparent, efficient, and simplified closing experience leveraging the latest technologies and the best team in the industry.
Our team is made up of passionate entrepreneurs, technologists and legal professionals with a track record of success.
We’re growing quickly and having incredible people on our team is our first priority. That’s why we are assembling the industry’s most talented individuals who believe that closing on a property should be one of life’s happiest moments, not the stressful mess it is today.
This is a very unique opportunity for an experienced Real Estate Law Clerk to join our team as a Team Leader in Ontario. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our Ontario team of Law Clerks, providing guidance, solutions, training and day-to-day leadership while completing a limited set of files.
Our ideal candidate is a Senior Law Clerk with extensive end-to-end Real Estate closing experience (10+ years), with a strong and proven track record in leadership, operations, and training other Law Clerks.
This position can be based anywhere in Ontario. You’ll be working remotely in a highly collaborative, team environment, supporting our clients and partners.
To succeed in this role, you bring:
10+ years of experience closing/conveyancing Ontario residential real estate transactions (purchase, sale, mortgage and refinancing) from start to finish, ideally in a high volume environment.
Proven experience in managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of Real Estate Law Clerks.
Deep understanding of technology and proceseses in the current conveyancing process
A positive “nothing is impossible” attitude
Strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to grow
A very high sense of curiosity and a passion for learning
Growth mindset – always looking for opportunities to grow and add more value
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Team lead and expert resource for a team of senior law clerks
- Onboard, train, and mentor law clerks
- Implement new operational procedures and technologies among the team
- Key contributor to maintaining a team-based, highly customer centric culture
- Preparation, carriage and closing of Real Estate closings (handful of files per month);
- Seek innovative solutions to issues with the ability to deal with multiple priorities in a limited time frame;
- Collaborate with the real estate and management team to identify ways to improve efficiencies and implement new ideas;
- Look for and implement teaching opportunities;
- Assist management with forecasting and capacity;
- Hold weekly team meetings;
- Liaise between Clerks/Admins and Lawyers to assist with resolutions
If you believe you’re ready to push yourself to a whole new level and be at the forefront of something new and exciting, please reach out to us for a confidential discussion.